Syam FAB/LLB Landlord's Fire Safety Log Book for Mains and Battery Smoke and CO Detectors for BS5839:Part 6
Log book for mains/battery inter-linked or stand-alone smoke detectors, call points and carbon monoxide alarms for installations to BS5839: Part 6, and Grade D systems in particular.
- A5 format with gloss card cover, 32 pages
- Can record upto 22 detectors per sheet.
- Can be used to record weekly tests to encourage tenants or owners to test their smoke alarms regularly
- Records the six monthly test and inspection required by BS5839: Part 6 including battery replacements and battery replacement due dates for each detector
- Fault and repairs section to record maintenance activities and who carried out the work
- Includes the BS5839: Part 6 installation certificate that is required whenever these detectors are installed.
£5.99 Incl. VAT
What is this?
Syam’s landlord’s log book enables landlords, property management companies and electrical maintenance contractors to keep a record of the testing of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors within a property.
Why is this important?
With around 500 deaths in the UK each year in domestic fires the importance of testing smoke detectors is self-evident.
Less understood is that BS5839: Part 6 requires a six monthly inspection of each detector to test that it works, has not been disabled by a tenant putting themselves and other tenants at greater risk and, if the battery will not last until the next inspection, to replace it. Not doing this leaves the landlord, or the individual responsible at the property management company, with potential criminal liability. Not doing this simple task isn’t worth the risk.
How long will the log book last?
There are 22 detector records each for one year. For a system with 22 detectors the book will last for one year, if there are 11 for two years.